Scumbag's standard recipe for a police vs leftie stand-off: -
- Take a few thousand ultra-lefties, guardian readers, anarchists and the 4 remaining socialist worker readers
- Mix with a dollop of that odious shite Galloway, some respect members and a couple of mullahs
- Egg the numbers up to thick end of 100,000 (like the million that supposedly marched protesting about Iraq)
- Burn a couple of flags
- Have a break-away group go off-planned route and pitch up near the Israeli embassy
- Break through barriers
- Pelt police with assorted stones, sticks and such
- Hang around and refuse to disperse / continue marching (marching, being the main activity in a march, otherwise it would be called a "hanging around"
- Bleat like hell when police move in.
Getting on the wrong end of a baton charge is what happens when you stand at the front when those behind you are chucking shit at plod - not pissing off straight away is a sure-fire way to end up getting a good filling in.
Nope boyo, the provoking was done by the people throwing shit about.
One protester Stephen Hodgkins, 38, also said police had charged several times. "People were crying, they were very, very upset. It was just shocking," he said. "Unfortunately, what it has now done is provoke an otherwise peaceful demonstration."
Water cannon the bastards - they'll be less inclined to hang about when they're soaked to the skin